Reporting to the Manager of Web and Interactive Marketing Communications, the Web Marketing Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of content on both the external and internal BIDMC websites. He/She will take part in various website and web marketing related projects including web content creation, editing, layout, special features, e-mail marketing, site analytics, SEO efforts, search engine advertising, video/audio media upload, and communicating with outside vendors when needed. Additionally He/She will assist in website/content management system training efforts for BIDMC staff as needed.
1. Makes daily necessary updates to web content. Assists various BIDMC department web editors with their web content.
2. Coordinates department-specific web projects from start to finish including holding client meetings, working on content, layout & design with the client. Responsible for implementation of web media including uploading and testing.
3. Supports web marketing basic design needs, including working with graphics and layout for web initiatives.
4. Assists in ensuring that BIDMC external website content is always current and up-to-date by monitoring department pages and reaching out to web editors with suggestions/ideas.
5. Participates in and/or responsible for various other website or web marketing initiatives including; web content creation, editing, layout, special features, e-mail marketing, site analytics, SEO efforts, search engine advertising, video/audio media upload.
6. Communicates with and manages relationships with external vendors as they relate to the projects responsible for.
7. Assist in website training efforts as needed.
1. The candidate should have at least 5 years experience in web marketing and design or a related field.
2. The Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field of study, with a focus on web content design.
3. Must be comfortable working both independently and within a team, be detail oriented, prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
4. Must demonstrate web page layout design sense.
5. Must have excellent web marketing copywriting skills.
6. Knowledge of HTML, cascading style sheets, web content management, photo/image editing and optimization and related web technologies.
7. Proficiency with the following software: Adobe CS4 Suite - Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flash, Captivate or Camtasia, and Microsoft Office suite including Powerpoint. Knowledge of SiteCore CMS a plus.
8. Experience uploading/using video and audio for the web.
9. Ability to guide physicians and staff in creating and maintaining an effective web presence.
10. Strong understanding of web statistics/analytics.
11. Experience contributing to websites, health care sites a plus.
12. Must be creative, resourceful, decisive, and resilient; all the time using good judgment and problem solving skills.
13. Knowledge of and testing on all major browsers and platforms
14. Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - 4 years ago
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a patient care, teaching and research affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and currently...