MICROS Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRS), headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, is the world's leading developer of enterprise applications serving the hospitality and specialty retail industries. MICROS serves table service and quick service restaurants, hotels, the leisure and entertainment industry, and specialty retail stores, with complete information management solutions including software, hardware, enterprise systems integration, consulting and support.
The Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin will report to the Director, Applications Development, in the MICROS MIS Department, and is responsible for providing daily technical support for operating system issues in support of Oracle EBS and Clarify CRM. Will “own” the problem through resolution. Respond to issues in an expedient manner, providing clear and informative status entries, resolution entries and quality assurance closure with IT Management. Will work to identify the root cause of any issue and strive to incorporate solutions that are correct, with zero rework. Provide leadership and mentoring pertaining to UNIX/Linux, technical expertise, effective communication and teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform the installation, configuration, administration, monitoring and maintenance of computer systems with UNIX and/or Linux operating systems.
- Set up user accounts on organization's servers.
- Run necessary system backups and ensure validity
- Plan for disaster recovery.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot problems on local area networks (LAN) and data networks using Unix and/or Linux operating systems and associated hardware, applications and software.
- May perform some programming and may be responsible for script writing.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support of hardware and operating systems.
- Other duties may be assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or other related degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience and proficiency supporting UNIX servers running HP-UX 11.11 and Oracle Enterprise Linux v.5 (64-bit)
- Strong experience and proficiency with HP N-class, HP G5 and G7 servers.
- EMC SAN connectivity/administration experience in a large environment (200 TB, 200+ fiber ports)required.
- Ability to write scripts for UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and HP DataProtector.
- Understanding of Oracle DB and EBS environment.
- Strong knowledge of methodology, tools, standards and procedures.
- Excellent technical/analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of project management concepts.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
MICROS enjoys being an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
MICROS participates in E-Verify, a federal pilot program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
MICROS Systems Inc. - 19 months ago