FOX Architects is a fully integrated, award-winning architecture and interior design firm based in the nation’s capital. Founded in 2003, our firm delivers exceptional commercial office design solutions. We partner with our clients to design smarter environments that are intelligent and influential. To this end, we incorporate our base-building architecture and interior design disciplines seamlessly for a dynamic inside out, outside in approach to the built environment. Our robust graphics and multimedia capabilities augment our design expertise and provide our clients with a holistic product. The end result is a sophisticated and thoughtful design actualized.
We offer excellent salary and benefits in a dynamic, fun and forward thinking environment. Everyone’s ideas are valuable and teamwork is encouraged and celebrated. We are proud of our excellent client base, positive working environment and vision for our future. If this sounds like the sort of organization you would like to work with, we’d like to hear from you.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Design Architect is to make certain that the technical and design excellence of each project is properly delineated. This role will focus on the design aspects of the base building architectural process, refining schematic design and design development of the project. Implementation of design and construction documents, while realizing this level of design excellence with minimal supervision. This position will perform in conjunction with Project Managers, Studio Directors and Principals to maintain project quality, profitability, performance and client satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strive to attain the firm’s goals relative to design excellence in base building.
- Possess knowledge of current development trends and practices within the design and construction industries.
- Assist the Project Manager with the design and documentation process and outside consultants.
- In conjunction with the Project Principal and Project Manager, determine the project design review procedures to be conducted and ensure adherence by all team members.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of and adherence to the man-hours budgeted for each task and meet deadlines as defined in the Critical Path Schedule for each project.
- Participate in industry organizations as they relate to architectural design.
- Maintain client contacts.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and be mentored.
- Possess strong organizational and time management techniques.
- Organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
Education Experience and Skills
- Minimum First Professional Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect licensed in the U.S.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in Architecture with an emphasis on commercial office projects.
- Dedicated to design excellence.
- Proficient in REVIT, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Budgeting, scheduling and assembly capabilities (i.e. contracts, specifications and drawings).
- Strong presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of current laws, codes and titles in relation to construction and design.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team building skills.
FOX Architects is an equal opportunity employer, we consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected status.