*IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOUR RESUME MUST CONTAIN A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO.*
ESPN Digital Media Design is looking for a Senior Designer to join the Fantasy Games team. The Senior Designer will help to establish and enforce design and brand standards across digital screens as well as explore new solutions for experience design that is displayed on a variety of connected devices, including desktops, tablets and handhelds.
This person will be responsible for delivering exceptionally high quality design solutions in support of Fantasy Games under tight deadlines. This is a creative role requiring imagination and subject matter expertise to deliver high caliber digital design solutions. An avid interest in and knowledge of sports is highly preferred for this position.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Coordinate design needs across all relevant business areas such as editorial, marketing, production, technology and sales
• Participate in translating content and site characteristics into design concepts, designs and layouts
• Participates in design meetings; will interact with producers, editors and promotions personnel to establish the design parameters, specifications, and schedules for assigned design projects
• Works closely with site editors and producers on designs, illustration and revisions, welcomes feedback and utilizes it positively
• Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working within the field of interactive media design, and possess the following characteristics:
• Demonstrated record of creating cutting-edge and original design solutions on tight deadlines
• Passionate and knowledgeable about sports, fantasy games and gaming
• Sensitive to user behavior as it relates to design
• Must have a deep appreciation of how news and sports information are best presented online
• Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to take conceptual feedback from leadership and translate it into creative solutions
• Comfortable taking feedback and “going back to the drawing board” as situations warrant
• Intimate knowledge of HTML, understanding how comps translate to code
• Experience in mobile/tablet design
• Comprehensive knowledge of design software
• Must be MAC literate
• Strong knowledge of the sports industry including athletes, teams and leagues
• Flexible and solution oriented based on feedback from Fantasy Games leadership, digital media leads and sales clients
• College degree in design, digital media or similar
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...