Job Category: Sales
Location: Washington, DC, US
Job ID: 819814-99747
Are you looking to join a team that is focused on making a real difference in the lives of students and educators? Look no further!
Microsoft’s Education team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Account Technology Strategist (ATS) to support sales and relationships in some the larger school districts and universities in the Maryland and West Virginia.
The Account Technology Strategist role is part of the core account sales team and is responsible for driving sales, deployment, and successful utilization of the Microsoft platform to managed K-12 and Higher Education customers. The ATS provides:
The successful ATS assists Education Account Managers, Partner Account Managers and Solution Specialists with formulating and executing Microsoft's long-term strategy for respective accounts/opportunities and evangelize Microsoft's products, technologies, and solutions to meet revenue goals and strategic objectives. The ATS is responsible for creating, managing, and owning many portions of the sales cycle, delivering end-to-end Microsoft solutions in education environments and have the ability to function at the technical architect level with our customers.
- pre-sales technical/architectural support for large-scale solutions at these enterprise accounts;
- awareness of Microsoft solutions, technologies, and roadmap information for future directions;
- and engages and builds relationships between Microsoft and assigned Education customers for the successful sale and deployment of Microsoft technologies in an academic environment.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability of working within executive levels at enterprise customers to map IT to education initiatives. The candidate must also be able to articulate the business value of our scalability, availability, and management solutions and products, and position them in competitive scenarios. We are looking for candidates who have an unabated passion for technology, a keen eye for opportunities, a passion for the Education Industry, and unparalleled communication and negotiation skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
Required Qualifications include:
- Understand educational customer -relevant IT initiatives, identify sales opportunities, and propose cost-justified Microsoft technology-based strategies, plans and solutions;
- Develop and maintain strong, strategic relationships with the senior-level technical decision makers;
- Contribute to a virtual team comprised of Microsoft account executives, solutions sales, product specialists, professional services and support, and product development teams;
- Partner with Systems Integrators and ISV's to develop and close sales opportunities;
- Influence product development and direction;
- Share best practices within accounts and team.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- 5+ years information technology industry experience;
- 5+ enterprise-scale solutions architecture and implementation;
- Significant technical breadth across infrastructure, information worker and application development technologies;
- Extensive strategic planning, risk analysis and business justification;
- Significant CXO contact and persuasive presentations, strong communication skills and the ability to articulate the advantages of Microsoft technology to senior business and technical decision makers as well as front-line technologists.
- Strong virtual teaming;
- Broad and/or in-depth knowledge of Microsoft’s infrastructure technologies including the following Microsoft products: Office 365 and Microsoft’s Cloud Services; Windows Server; SQL Server; Active Directory; Exchange; and System Center Suite.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft’s competitors and their strategies and solutions (especially Google, Oracle, IBM, and Apple)
- Exceptional leadership, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to travel (50+ %, mostly local) - to client sites, team meetings, conferences, and briefing/events.
Applicants must reside in the territory, ideally the greater Baltimore area.
- Pre-sales or strategic consulting and project/program management experience;
- Experience in the Education industry will be an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science and/or Microsoft product certification.
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...