Zynga is looking for a Android client engineer to join our growing Zynga with Friends team! You will be responsible for owning the development and architecture of both our up-and-coming as well as existing current hits. Are you ready to put your ideas into games that will be played instantly by millions? This position is located in Zynga's McKinney, TX. office.
We make social games that are free and accessible for everyone to play!
The best candidates will have solid experience developing mobile applications utilizing for either iPhone or Android devices. Facebook platform and scaling experience is a huge plus.
This candidate will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles, which have several million users across multiple social networks. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- Proficient in Java
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 1 or more years experience Java development.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Understanding of server-side development and back-end systems, including experience with some combination Apache, Ruby on Rails, MySQL.
- Android Programming Experience.
- Games Programming Experience.
- Familiarity with games middleware or SDK development.
- Past success with team based projects for which you were responsible for the full engineering life-cycle from requirements gathering through to deployment.
- Experience with localized and cross-platform product development .
- Experience developing and deploying networked multiplayer games.
- Released a product on the Android Market.
- Knowledge of best practices for supporting multiple resolutions.
- OpenGL ES experience.
Zynga - 12 months ago