Come grow with us! We are a Mortgage Banker closing $75MM to $100MM in loans per month! We have a large Wholesale channel and we are expanding our Retail arm. The roots of our business go back to 1977 and we pride ourselves on great customer service and being forward thinking yet careful which allows us to stay on top of the ever changing market. We have an excellent environment and a seasoned Executive Management team. Due to our continued growth and planned expansion, we are looking for 2-3 more DE Underwriters to join our team. We are in need 2 additional underwriters who could work in any of the following office locations: Tempe, AZ, Irvine or Petaluma, CA, Greenwood Village, CO or Bellvue, WA. We will also consider candidates that want to work remote and can come into the office 1 or 2 times per week so must be within driving distance of one of the offices.
If you are a team player with a positive and flexible attitude and you are interested in being a part of a growing company that appreciates and rewards its employees, please review the description below and submit your resume for consideration if you meet the qualifications.
To make sound FHA and Conventional underwriting decisions on complex loans regarding the credit worthiness of Borrower(s). Ability to relay these decisions in a professional manner to Managers, Brokers, Account Executives and internal staff.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Signing authority on loans up to FHA County limits.
- Capable of underwriting a minimum 2 FHA loans per day in a paperless environment
- Review and sign off conditions as needed per Loan Approval.
- Ensure all loans meet HUD, company and investor standards.
- Ensure accuracy of Datatrac, DU, LT and 1003 at time of underwriting approval and/or updated due to subsequent changes.
- Ensure accuracy of Datatrac at time underwriting decline or suspense.
- Evaluates appraisals and prelims to determine the property meets HUD/investor requirements.
- Evaluate DISSCO/Fraud Guard findings and condition the loan accordingly
- Respond to QC findings as needed.
- FHA/VA Underwriting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Superior knowledge of personal computers and applicable software. (Datatrac, Microsoft office, Microsoft Outlook and Calyx Point, Loan Prospector, Desktop Underwriter, Emagic)
- Five to six years mortgage experience as a conventional underwriter and 2 years recent FHA/VA experience as a DE FHA or VA LAPP Underwriter.
- Proven ability to conduct small training sessions on detailed loan products.
- Experience working on a paperless system is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, bonuses and a full benefits package including Medical, Dental Vision, 401k and more.
Bankingboard.com - 3 years ago