On Call positions available
The successful applicant for this position will either live in or be relocating to the Noorvik, AK. (No relocation assistance available.)
This position is responsible for the preparation, production, and presentation of a variety of foods, completion of production sheets and with other associated food service activities in a school cafeteria setting.
- Performs all main line food production duties with specific items determined by assigned shift.
- Reviews the needs of the day with assigned supervisor(s), completes production sheets, reviews maintenance reports, and verifies supply needs and availability.
- Assists assigned supervisors with menu and recipe development. Is responsible for quantity and quality control in food production as well as overall sanitation of assigned areas.
- Assists in the supervision and training of food service personnel. Arranges for kitchen helpers/assistants to complete smaller item preparation.
- Verifies and oversees food serving lines, areas, bars, etc., making sure they are properly stocked, set up, and cleaned.
- Using a working knowledge of all general food service area positions, this position “fills in” for any one of these positions at a moment’s notice.
- Observes and instructs others on the proper rotation procedures to be followed for produce and dairy products.
- Maintains food production equipment and storage areas following proper sanitation, safety, and operational procedures.
- May assist other food service personnel at any given time.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
- May be designated as a Grill Cook, Breakfast Cook, Dinner Cook, Night Cook, Relief Cook, etc. depending on assigned shift.
- May also be designated as a Supervisor for certain shifts wherein additional supervisory duties are assumed (see separate working supervisor position description).
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
Background position ranking skill levels: Language Skills:
1. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. 2. Write routine reports and correspondence. 3. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Math Skills: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, or volume. Reasoning Abilities: 1. Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form. 2. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. 3. Delegate responsibilities as well as the ability to work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- At least two years of directly related vocational training (candidates without such training need two additional years of related experience)
- At least three years of directly related food preparation experience.
- Candidates must have the ability to instruct and train others as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks occurring at the same time.
Incumbents are regularly required to, stand for long periods of time, use hands, reach with hands and arms, taste, and smell. The employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must regularly lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision requirements include close vision, depth, color vision, and peripheral vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat and cold non-weather as well as moving mechanical parts. The employee must have the physical stamina to work on 8 to 12 hour shifts for extended periods of time.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change, The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. All employees are expected to work rotating hours, shifts, or in different departments to accommodate the business demands. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Food Preparation & Service
NANA Management Services
NANA Development Corporation - 16 months ago
NMS, Alaska’s most trusted service provider.
NMS, www.nmsusa.com, is the leading provider of integrated support services in...