Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Evaluate existing sports, recreation, exercise programs within the Allina three hour scope radius for effectiveness and recommend program support for effective programing
- Determine gaps in accessible fitness in the three hour radium and fill gaps based on prioritization of those critically in need, likelihood of success and other factors TBD
- With assistance from Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute staff and resources, develop, implement and run the virtual clearinghouse
- Develop, convene and foster the community support and stakeholder advisor group to inform above three foci
- Provide effective community based programs in the areas of sports, health, activity, recreation and exercise (SHARE) for individuals with physical disabilities
- Clinical Therapy background, Bachelor's degree required
- 2 years experience preferred
License Required: for clinical speciality
- Expertise in accessibility and program evaluation
- Proficiency in disability issues including health and wellness needs of people with disabilities
- Proficient in web-based, human supported clearinghouse
- Expertise in written and oral communication
- Proficiency in fiscal management
- Expertise in business planning and sustainability to allow program continuation beyond grant cycle
- Independent, organized, detailed-oriented
- Good problem solving, prioritization, analytical skills
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Work schedule: Primarily Monday - Friday but some off shifts and weekends to meet needs of patients necessary
- Day shift
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Community Resource Links:
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health System - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...