** Teachers must possess an ACTIVE K-12 teaching certification**
Educate Online is an approved Supplemental Educational Services (SES) provider in over 35 states. Our unique diagnostic-prescriptive instruction is delivered live, online, to students who are struggling in a specific subject or concept. Educate Online’s Supplemental Educational Services include:
Live, Certified Teachers
Personalized Lesson and Instruction
At-Home Convenience & Safety
Tutoring Seven Days a week Educate Online’s highly interactive online tutoring programs are aligned to state standards and have proven academic gains for students in grades 3 through 12.
To learn more about Educate Online, visit http://www.educate-online.com.
Online Instructors for Educate Online are passionate about helping students reach academic growth goals! Instructors teach reading and math to students in an online learning environment using technology including personal computer, high-speed internet, and a headset with microphone. Our teachers are able to work synchronously with students all across the country and positively impact students every session.
As an Online Instructor you will:
- Instruct students in all grades and age levels in reading and math. Algebra instruction is available for qualified candidates.
- Deliver instruction of pre-determined learning objectives in a live, online environment to students in a 3:1 student-teacher setting.
- Accurately evaluate and record student performance on learning objectives presented in the lesson.
- Complete a short written summary of each session taught to assist other staff in evaluation student performance.
- Complete Educate Online New Teacher Training and additional professional development trainings throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with Lead Teacher and supervisory staff.
- Provide a quiet and supportive environment that is conducive to learning.
- Current, active certificate to teach in one or more of the United States, New York DOE clearance preferred.
- Two or more years of relevant experience (may include substitute and student teaching).
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Elementary or Secondary Education or related field.
- Ability to pass an annual background check and FBI fingerprinting.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with demonstrated ability to explain challenging concepts in an effective, motivating style
- Maintain an availability of at least 10 hours per week, to include our peak times of day (4pm-9pm EST Monday thru Friday). Online teachers should understand that our business is highly cyclical and there may be periods of inactivity due to low volume in the summer months.
- Reliable access to a computer (PC only) with Microsoft XP or later operating system and cable, DSL, or high speed internet access.
- Proficient use of internet, instant messaging and computers.
- Phone land line
We are not hiring at this time but are accepting resumes.
- Certificate, Training, or endorsement in specialized areas such as ESL, ELL, or Special Education
- Experience in distance learning
- Experience teaching adult learners (for algebra instruction)
- Previous experience in school administration
- Fluency in a foreign language
Online Instructors benefit from a flexible schedule, paid training and development, and opportunities to work with students on specific skills they need to be successful in the classroom!
Educate Online - 9 months ago
For more than a decade, Educate Online has built gateway skills for Career and College Readiness through personalized, live online instructi...