Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Beef believes being an industry leader is about more than delivering the highest-quality products and service. It’s about delivering on our promises. Throughout our history, our commitment to building a better future has been at the heart of everything we do. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Cargill Beef, has an exciting opportunity available for a
plant. The successful candidate will be responsible
for determining when the maintenance activities will be performed, and by whom, on a day-to-day basis. This includes preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance assignments. Insure that job kits are ready and available for next days work. They are also responsible for performing the work quality checks to insure effective and appropriate repairs are performed. The candidate will need experience with Cryovac, Bone Cannon and Sepamatic equipment.
Maintenance / Electrical Supervisors are expected to work within the CMMS tool set to manage a body of planned and available work. Maintenance Supervisors will optimize the use of all available resources. Maintenance supervisors are expected to run interference during daily operations by fielding calls from production in order to allow the mechanics to stay on scheduled work. The supervisor is also expected to facilitate a root cause failure analysis on all items that trigger an RCFA. Work Quality checks are performed on 10% of all work done weekly based on at least one work order per employee per day.
The Maintenance / Electrical Supervisor will be responsible for an annual budget for respective departments. Completion of annual reviews and conducting roundtables.
Business and Management
Manufacturing Process Reliability
- Communicate to Stakeholders
- Plan Resources
- Maintain Process and Industry Standards and Specifications
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Identify follow-up work required
- Acquire planned materials, tools and documentation for planned work, and work order information for reactive work.
- Investigate job site if required – determine scope of work (reactive work)
- Assure work site is prepared – scaffolding, safety, etc
- Insure work appropriately performed and address barriers as needed.
- Insure work is completed appropriately.
- Develop the Maintenance and Reliability Staff
- Communicate Maintenance and Reliability to the Organization
- Communicate with Operations teams
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best every day. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
- Comprehensive Work Identification
- Coordinate with Area Production Supervisor if urgent work is required
- Overall responsibility for coordinating daily maintenance activities
- Prepare Daily Schedule and facilitate daily coordination meeting
- Update MMS and distribute final daily schedule
- Assign daily work to crews as needed.
- Review completed work to insure accuracy and appropriate feedback provided
- Document Work Execution and Submit Completed Doc’s to Maint Clerk
- Equipment History Review and Failure Identification
- Effective Performance Measure and Follow-Up
Degree, Certification or Field Experience in the Electrical Field
Solid Leadership and People Skills
Strong Written and Oral English Communication Skills, .
Basic Computer Knowledge including Microsoft Office/Outlook, Excel, Word and PP.
Knowledge of electrical safety practices such as NFPA 70e are needed.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
Experience with Maximo or other CMMS system
Boning Room Equipment (Cryovac, Bone Cannon, Sepamatic)
Good organizational skills
Good people skills.
Prior Supervisory experience -- 1-2 Years
Beef Processing Experience
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Maintenance and Reliability
Cargill - 9 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...