Under general supervision, to provide information and preform clerical duties associated with the Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registration enrollment process.
Score and Nature:
This classification is responsible for performing clinical and customer service duties following standard procedures, guidelines, or instructions from the manager/supervisor. Requires some initiative and judgment when assisting with problem solving or troubleshooting.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
1. Reconcile and maintain accurate enrollment records; register students, process transcripts, applications and forms. Review records for completeness, accuracy, and initiate follow up when appropriate.
2. Process payments, troubleshoot student accounts, and answer basic fee questions.
3. Provide front line customer assistance to students, staff, vendors and agencies regarding registration, financial aid, and admission forms, policies, and procedures.
4. Review audit trail documentation to assist with identification, troubleshooting, and problem resolution of student enrollment issues.
5. Facilitate the workflow of document imaging, batch processing, and upgrade testing and download reports to review and reconcile external systems processing.
6. Assist in the training of new staff and sharing information related to job duties and responsibilities.
7. Provide information and facilitate enrollment process at special events and activities.
8. Provide routine support and assistance in general office functions.
9. Perform duties of an Enrollment Center Clerk.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
1. Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with students, the general public, and staff members.
3. Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
4. Ability to type at least 35 WPM.
5. Familiarity with computer software applications such as word processing and spreadsheets.
6. Ability to assist new employees in the general understanding of department procedures and policies.
7. Ability to be courteous and tactful when dealing with personal or difficult situations.
8. Aptitude for accuracy and detail.
9. Ability to organize work and multitask.
10. Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
1. High school diploma plus some post secondary education.
2. Two years of general office or customer service experience; prior work experience as an Enrollment Center Clerk is preferred.
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired will also be considered.
**Resume and Cover Letter required**
This position supports Financial Aid Services and is available immediately.
Salary is listed at 2011-2012 rates.
The hours are Monday and Thursday from 12 P.M. - 6 P.M.
This is a level 4, 6 MONTH ONLY position.
The test will assess the following knowledge, skills and abilities: 4, 5, & 8.