Manages, directs, and plans complex project(s) consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and assigning project tasks, team building and leadership, and developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients in functional areas outside of IT as well as external customers. Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
1. Manages and directs one or more project teams to meet project objectives.
2. Reviews, evaluates, and formulates project plans, schedules, and budgets.
3. Oversees requirements solicitation and definition for the projects.
4. Manages staff and budget resources required to meet changing corporate needs. understanding, and persuades others when appropriate.
5. Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones, and resources required to meet project objectives.
6. Leads problem resolution and decision making through facilitation and troubleshooting.
7. Organizes and guides project operations through the use of industry-accepted methodologies.
8. Evaluates progress and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
9. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training, and support.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. PMI certification preferred.
Experience in leading teams of developers, analysts, architects and engineers preferably in a matrix organization. Expert level experience working with data in Excel, and MS Project.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Ability to manage projects from inception to successful post-implementation.
2. Demonstrated competency in developing effective solutions to successfully resolve diverse and complex business problems.
3. Strong analytical, communications, technical teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
4. Must be proficient in SharePoint and preferably experience with TFS, MS CRM, Access, or other database utilities and other Microsoft technologies.