System administration of Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MySQL databases - fine tuning, optimizing, instance provisioning, proactive and preventive maintenance.
• Architecting corporate database resources.
• Reviewing and implementing of change requests, technical assistance to team members and developers.
• Technical delivery of database upgrades including configuration changes and patch management.
• Mentoring junior members of the administration team.
• On-call duty support of production databases is a part of the job.
• University degree with 0-2 years of experience as Database Administrator.
• In-depth skills in administering Oracle RDBMS (8i, 9i, 10g and 11g) on major operating systems like Unix, Linux and Windows are required.
• Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell scripts, and Oracle high availability setup is necessary.
• MS-SQL and/or MySQL database experience, knowledge of MS-SQL tuning, optimization, DB provisioning and architecting.
• Knowledge in Oracle Application R12(ERP), Oracle Application patching and Oracle Application System Administration would be a significant advantage but not necessary
• Willingness to travel is required.
• In addition to necessary technical skills, ideal candidate will be a team player, speak English, be a good communicator – both orally and in writing, be responsive to needs of clients, have good follow-up skills and be able to multi-task.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN) is driving innovation in energy efficient electronics, empowering design engineers to reduce global energy...