Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
At John Deere Ag & Turf Division in Augusta as a
Product Verification & Validation (PV&V) Engineer
you will plan and coordinate testing and analysis work for design projects varying in complexity from component only to complete development programs. In addition you will:
What It Takes
- Develop and execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation.
- Operate in a team environment within PV&V and the design community.
- Participate in various design reviews. May assign, organize and review work done by Lab Technicians and Mechanics.
- Drive root cause analysis and provide input to design solutions.
- Analyze assignments and determine testing specifications which must be completed for complex problems in Product Engineering.
- Produce and evaluate possible design solutions based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- Compile and furnish necessary test data to document design solutions required for building prototypes.
- Provide technical support to marketing, product engineering, manufacturing, quality and supply management functional areas.
We need an excellent communicator who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Reliability, Mechanical, Agricultural Engineering or other Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience. In addition we require:
A strong candidate would also have one or more of the following:
- 3+ years of experience performing analysis, testing, and/or design work on new product development programs.
- Knowledge of mobile equipment (engines, structures, hydraulics, electrical and cooling systems).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong project management, facilitation, written and oral communication skills.
What You’ll Get
- Experience with reliability processes such as Non-Repairable Systems Analysis, Accelerated Life Testing, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Systems Reliability Analysis, Design of Experiments, and Design for Six Sigma techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of product reliability goals, reliability growth, and reliability prediction.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, for example Excel Macros (Visual Basic).
- Knowledge of Compact Utility Tractors and applications.
- Knowledge/familiarity with machines manufactured by competitors.
- Ability to travel, up to 10%, both domestic & international.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our
Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
Feb 20, 2013, 12:23:23 PM
John Deere - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but responsive to...