Emtec, established in 1964, provides technology-empowered business solutions for world-class organizations in the enterprise, federal, state and local government, and education markets. With offices in 14 cities in the U.S., Canada and India, Emtec is big enough to address our client needs but small enough to care. Our local offices, highly-skilled associates, and global delivery capabilities ensure the accessibility and scale to align client’s technology solutions with their business needs. Emtec’s singular mission is to create “Clients for Life” - long-term relationships that deliver rapid, meaningful, and lasting business value. Our offerings span the entire IT lifecycle: from Consulting through Packaged, Custom, and Cloud Applications as well as a variety of Infrastructure Services.
This role is responsible for assuring software product quality through testing and inspection for consistency, accuracy, and overall performance and recommends testing strategies and processes and is responsible for project required documentation and other test-related deliverables.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile software development processes; a well-rounded individual with great technical and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, enthusiasm for taking ownership of features, and possess a strong commitment to quality.
Must Have Skill Set/Qualifications:
5-8 years minimum Quality Assurance experience with Java based Client/Server applications, environments, and tools including:
Education and Work Environment
- 5+ years of experience with Agile Software Development project using Scrum or XP methodologies
- 5+ years of Demonstrated experience with automated testing tools such as QTP, SOATest, or like tool.
- 5+ years of experience in the Ability to deliver quality manual and automated unit-tested solutions.
- 5+ years of Demonstrated experience creating and using SQL queries.
- 5+ years of UI and Web Service testing experience through SOAP UI Pro or other tool
- Familiarity with XPATH And XQueries or regular expressions needed to create assertions
- Understanding of JMS
- Willingness to participate in business analysis/documentation activities.
- Ability to understand XML
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- US citizen preferred, will be required within 1 year
Preferred Skill Set:
- Familiarity with travel industry and GDS.
- Software developer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers, product owners, client representatives, and other team members.
Emtec, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer