GT3, JV is seeking a Full-time Lead Physical Training
Instructor - Run Coach at the Naval Station Great Lakes,
Great Lakes, IL. Position is in support of the Naval
Special Warfare Center (NSWCEN) Preparatory Course,
overseeing students during training.
Incumbent shall provide physical training instruction to
students in the Naval Special Warfare Preparatory
Course. Shall have daily contact with junior sailors. As
such, must adhere to the highest standards of conduct in
their interface with these sailors, and understand the
student/instructor relationship, the duties of the
Physical Training Instructor, and provide professional,
administrative and technical support required to achieve
the desired degree of student preparation to accomplish
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
presenter in various forums to include but not
- Facilitate training modules in front of classes as a
limited to tracks, pool decks, classrooms, workout
facilities, and podium type atmospheres.
Screening Test (PST) at this higher standard.
- Perform physical training modules with students
- Prepare students are prepared to pass the Physical
exercises associated with the PST, as well as ensure
- Demonstrate the points of performance for the
exercises are being performed to the established
standards. Perform physical testing in accordance
with established guidelines set forth in OPNAVINST
6110.1H (Physical Readiness Program).
provided by the NSWCEN.
- Implement the established academic curriculum
physical standards for NSWCEN programs.
- Mentor NSWCEN students to increase awareness of
results to the Program Manager and Contract Officer
- Communicate observations and trends of testing
Representative (COR) to provide feedback focused on
better preparation of applicants awaiting training.
to Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Automated
- Provide medical attention to include but not limited
External Defibrillator (AED) device while awaiting
EMT Paramedics on scene.
interval, and long slow distance runs at a set pace.
- Be able to lead students in long interval, short
NON - ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
arriving at NSW- PS Detachment Great Lakes, IL.
- Pass an elevated standard of the PST prior to
Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field.
- A.A. or A.S. degree with focus in Health and
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field.
- B.S. or B.A. degree with major in Health and
Willing to substitute preferred degree field for
superior experience and past performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
running, and interval training.
- Possesses an understanding of the mechanics of
- Demonstrate ability to effectively lead and
physical training and conditioning.
- Knowledge and ability to provide instruction in
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) devices.
- Knowledge of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or
maintain information in written and electronic form.
- Ability to enter, transcribe, record, store, or
new knowledge to your job.
- Ability to keep up-to-date technically and applying
evolutions with students.
- Ability to participate in and lead physical
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining
physical condition necessary for bending, stooping,
sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of
time; most of time is spent at physical evolutions
observing training. Training is conducted both indoors
and outdoors and may require work in inclement
Work Environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be borne by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting, a pool deck, and
multiple indoor/outdoor training locations. Will have
exposure to outdoor elements and swimming pools as well
as some office work. May involve exposure to extreme
outdoor tempatures (cold, hot, windy, rain). Incumbent
must be able bodied and have frequent use of limbs,
arms, hands to engage in and lead physical exercises and
conditioning. The office work requires extensive use of
a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone
student movement, and facilities.
- Plan/Implement changes to schedules, transportation,
- Observe safety at high risk training evolutions.
- Enforce employee regulations and standards.
- Ensure proper training is administered during
Program Manager on all work related matters.
- Maintain clear line of communication with the
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening, as well as have
acceptable reference and background check results. Will
be requiered to obtain Common Access Card (CAC) to get
access to military facility.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity/ AA/ M/ F/ D/ V employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification
Program. We are a drug free workplace.
We only accept resumes when posted to our Career Site
for open positions.
If you are a person requiring accommodation or
assistance to apply for a job please contact
HR@beringstraits.com or call (907) 334-8322.
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com for more
details and to apply.
Division/Department : GT3, JV
Skills : Health/Medical - > Education / Training
Offer Relocation : No
# of Openings : 1
% of Travel Required : None
Job Code : 398
Bering Straits Native Corporation - 16 months ago