Manages sales activities of the organization in the Northern California territory. As a District Sales Manager you will be responsible for developing new customers and driving sales throughout the territory. You will support key pool builders/dealers/distributors and work closely with the Hayward Industries sales and service forces in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on distributors, dealers, builders, OEM's and prospective customers to obtain new business and expand existing business.
- Advises dealers, distributors concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyzes market trends and sales data to assist dealers in sales promotions for present and future business.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and explains features and attributes and advantages over competition.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer requirements, volume potential, competitive pricing.
- Develops sales campaigns to achieve goals of company.
- Represents company at trade shows and association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinates between customer service, technical service, engineering and other departments as appropriate.
- Controls expenditures of personal geographic district to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Provides input and implements annual sales plan for the territory, including sales strategy, to maximize return from the territory's assigned accounts/geographic area and to meet the territory's sales quotas established by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive list and profile of key accounts and contacts (direct and non-direct) in a computerized database program such as Esales.
- Prepares monthly progress reports, monthly itinerary, weekly call reports and weekly expense reports in a timely manner and submits to Regional Sales Manager.
- May be responsible for the training and management of sales trainees, sales representatives, and territory sales managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Sales Manager or Vice President of Sales.
A sustained level of sales achievement, a broad knowledge of swimming pool equipment Working knowledge of electronic chlorine generation, and solar, gas and electric heaters is a plus.. Familiarity with automated control systems, basic electricity, plumbing hydraulics and/or water chemistry is a plus. Personal computer skills and mechanical capability is essential. Must also possess a valid driverâs license and be able to drive long distances and travel by plane.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: email@example.com .
Hayward - 11 months ago
We are the market leaders in the sector, advising more restaurant groups in the UK than any other accounting firm.
In a fast moving sector...