Offshore Crane & Rigging Inspector |
- New Orleans
Bishop Lifting Products, Inc.
Upon hire, the position will begin work as a land based technician for a minimum of 6 months before moving to offshore technician work. One position will be based out of New Orleans branch and another position is available out of our Lafayette branch.
- Inspect overhead industrial cranes and rigging to ensure safety and compliance with Mfg, OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motors)
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities
- Provides customer service by acting as liaison between customer and office repairs equipment as required
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding repairs
- Services existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; troubleshooting; resolving problems
- Builds and maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting methods and techniques for improvement
- Keeps overhead crane systems operating by; performing inspections; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; responding to repair calls.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklist
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining a good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely manner
- Position is full time 40+ hours weekly.
- Full medical dental benefits as well as 401k offered
- Once working offshore there is a daily work bonus of $100 per night while on rig
E-mail resumes to email@example.com . This position will be based in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Background working with overhead cranes strongly preferred
- SafeGulf certification preferred
- Magnetic Particle Inspection certification preferred
- TWIC preferred
- Clean driving record (no DWI's)
- Candidates must pass a background check( felonies are considered on a case by case basis however no violent or theft crimes ever.)
- Once working offshore, work hours vary and will range 12-15 hour days
- Offshore position must be comfortable with helicopters
- Must be willing to work offshore for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable working with heights
- US citizenship required
- Trainable position for a candidate with a mechanical/electrical background or aptitude
Walk-ins welcome at our branch office located at:
615 Westwego Avenue
Bridge City, Louisiana 70094