Provides recording services to providers to ensure complete and accurate documentation of patient visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work alongside physician on a continuous basis including accompanying physician in exam rooms.
- Document History of Present Illness, Family and Social History, Review of Systems, and Physical Exam as dictated by the provider.
- Order tests and procedures as requested by physician.
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct physician referrals as well as service pre-certifications on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to understand medical terminology. Demonstrated high competence in utilizing an electronic medical records (EMR) system.