Purchase materials and services for Sanford Health ensure maximum value is received on established contracts. In the event there is not an established contract the Purchasing Agent will negotiate all terms, price, and conditions. |
Purchasing Agent Lead
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High school diploma is required. Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience is preferred. Previous experience in purchasing and/or experience in a similar setting preferred. Strong communication and computer skills are required.
Job Specific Competencies
- Responsible for reconciling purchase order, receiving and invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Demonstrates the ability to balance quality with cost to ensure that the best purchases are made.
- Reviews and processes orders in the procurement of stock and non-stock requisitions to ensure accuracy, timeliness and user satisfaction.
- Maintains filing system for all requisitions and purchase orders.
- Ensures Sanford production schedules coordinates with the schedule of outside suppliers.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.
Sanford Health - 2 years ago