Founded in 1993, Berklee City Music is an education program that harnesses the energy of contemporary music to reach underserved 4th to 12th graders.
Under the broad supervision of the Manager for Advising and Enrollment for Berklee City Music (MAE), the City Music Admissions Coordinator (CMAC) serves as the admissions deputy and is responsible to sustaining systems for enlisting and tracking students and alumni. Supports all efforts with youth services, and maintains regular communications with City Music Network sites throughout the nomination, audition and enrollment cycles. The CMAC supports all efforts of the (MAE) , responding to direction on specific admissions and advocacy initiatives and contributes to the collaborative work with the City Music Registrar. The CMAC works closely with the offices of Scholarship and Student Employment, the Registrar, Student Activities, Student Affairs, Student Housing, Financial Aid, and the Bursar to coordinate all City Music enrollment-related matters, under the guidance of the City Music Advising & Enrollment Manager.
The CMAC is expected to participate in all annual programs including but not limited to Completion Ceremonies, the City Music Faculty Outreach concert, the City Music 5-Week Scholarship concert, and operations for City Music summer programming as assigned. Program admissions and enrollment occurs in cycles during the fall, spring and summer semesters; administration of scholarship and audition enrollment occurs throughout the year.
Work schedule includes weekdays, evenings, and weekends, as circumstances require.
PLEASE NOTE: A cover letter and a professional writing sample must accompany resume, to be considered for position.
Bachelor degree or equivalent required in the areas of online systems management, youth development and/or education, communications and marketing/promotions; Master’s degree or equivalent experience in youth program or school or community program administration a plus.
Minimum of 3-5 years working in a professional office environment.
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading; experience with relevant technologies. Bilingual a plus.
Exceptional organization, project management, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
Must enjoy working for/with children, youth and families. Proven experience with excellence and best practices in customer service through in-person, verbal and written forms.
Willingness to be out in the communities to meet with people in multifarious settings; own transportation a plus. Ability to plan and present at student orientation/registration and for City Music Network teachers and administrators seeking to learn/share best-practices; attend school college/career fairs; be available for some night and weekend activities as required.
Possible Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to sustaining systems for enlisting and tracking students into all facets of City Music scholarships, programming and services, including managing off-campus check-in and/or program, workshop, or event admittance.
- Maintains constant communications, using best practices in customer service, with City Music Boston communities and Network sites throughout the nomination, audition and enrollment cycles. Coordinates efforts with the City Music National Office on Network communications.
- Concerned with all program enrollment and related applications, creation of certificates, distributing deadline information, summer housing, and contributes to writing and maintaining City Music college student profiles, under the guidance of the City Music Advising and Enrollment Manager.
- Participates in recruitment initiatives of new Boston-area students, under the direction of the Associate Director.
- Supports all efforts with youth support services and advocacy for both Boston and national [and international] City Music scholarship students coming to the Berklee campus. Responds to direction on specific initiatives under the instructions of the Associate Director and Advising & Enrollment Manager.
- Tracks specific information and activities on all City Music alumni, maintaining a database and providing scheduled and requested reports.
- Contributes to the collaborative work with the City Music Registrar in collecting data for the Registrar and the City Music Administrative Coordinator (for the annual and pilot reports) on but not limited to: student enrollment data, attrition and retention, student outcomes (program impact, post high school decisions).
- Responsible for organizing workshops that promote, track and educate our youth and families on student college choices, transitions to college, college financial planning and career development.
- Responsible to educating community partners and Network member sites on the admissions criteria and processes for the City Music Summer Scholarship and College Scholarship, overseeing written translations of admissions materials from English to Spanish.
- Expected to be on-hand for all major City Music concerts and events.
Represent Berklee City Music at on and off-campus events as circumstances require and when requested by the Associate Director or Manager for Advising and Enrollment.
Respond to duties that may shift to accommodate additional activities, changing in emphasis as time goes on to reflect the demands made on the City Music relationship to the National Network expansion.
Perform other related duties as assigned.