Explore What We Can Do For You!
Position: Engine Calibration Engineer
Explore Mercury Marine:
Mercury Marine (a $2.3 billion division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE: BC) is the world leader in the manufacture of recreational marine propulsion engines. Employing Lean Six Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service that have earned us the J.D. Power Award for Customer Satisfaction on both the Optimax 2-stroke and MerCruiser sterndrive power plants for the 2nd year in a row. Being the world leader doesn’t happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative product offerings that shape the future of marine propulsion. We are ready to make that investment in you!
Explore Mercury Research and Development:
Mercury Research and Development is the engine driving Mercury as a recognized industry innovator in the marine propulsion business. Recent accomplishments include the introduction of the Verado outboard which is the world’s first supercharged outboard engine. Verado has completely revolutionized how the industry thinks about 4 stroke outboard engine performance and represents the world’s first integrated outboard propulsion system. Current product development activities include project Zeus which couples innovative pod drives similar to those used in cruise ships with diesel engines to provide exciting new features like joy stick docking and electronic station keeping.
Mercury R&D engineers leverage world class powertrain development facilities and computer aided engineering tools to deliver our new products with minimized development time. Testing facilities include fully integrated engine dynamometer cells with the latest AVL test equipment, a state of the art materials and metallurgy laboratory, and a full shaker and NVH laboratory. Computer aided engineering tools include Pro Engineer, Abacus Ansys, Fluent, and the full GT Suite of tools for performance, cooling and valvetrain analysis.
Explore the Engine Thermodynamics Group:
As a team member in the Engine Thermodynamics Group, you and your fellow teammates will be the individuals with full development responsibility for all engine performance functional attributes such as power, emissions, combustion quality, and engine calibration.
Explore the Opportunity:
As an Engine Calibration engineer in the Engine Thermodynamics group you will responsible for delivering complete engine calibrations to support engine production of new and current products. This requires continuous cross functional involvement with all design and development functions within R&D. Major tasks where a candidate is expected to excel are as follows:
• Lead complete engine calibration development activities for entire engine families. These activities will include base engine calibration tasks on the engine dynamometer and engine driveability tasks on boats.
• Lead company efforts for developing new software strategies for new Mercury products in the area of engine powertrain control and vessel propulsion. Some potential areas of development include emissions control, OBD, shifting, transients, and vessel propulsion control.
• Construct and execute comprehensive engine test/development plans involving coordination of cross functional resources.
• Drive new calibration development and validation methodologies resulting in reduced calibration times and improved accuracy.
• Document your development work in the form of detailed summaries and technical reports.
• Employ disciplined methods for root cause failure determination and corrective action.
• Mentor and help train less experienced engineers and technicians
Ideal Candidate Background:
• BS degree in engineering. MS preferred
• Past experience as a lead engine calibrator on a motorized engine vehicle project (boat, car/truck, etc.)
• 8+ years of experience in the engine calibration and software development field
Explore the Future:
We support career development and emphasize promotion from within, filling 80% of our upper level R&D positions through internal promotion. Your career path within R&D can include promotion along either a technical or managerial career path.
Explore Fond du Lac, Wisconsin:
Located on the southern shore of the largest lake in Wisconsin, our corporate headquarters is part of a community rich in history and tradition. With a population of just over 40,000, Fond du Lac boasts a rural charm and the unlimited recreational opportunity you expect on the water in Wisconsin. And, an easy commute to Milwaukee, Madison or Green Bay opens the door to civic, cultural and athletic activities you expect in major league cities. Learn more at http://www.ci.fond-du-lac.wi.us/
Brunswick is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. EOE/AAP. Brunswick loves Veterans! Veterans and Reservists strongly encouraged to apply
Brunswick Corporation; get to know us
Check out our rewarding Career Opportunities
Follow Us on Twitter
Check us out on UTube
Check us out on Pinterest
Brunswick's business is everyone else's free time. The company is a global manufacturer of marine, recreation,...