Laupus Library, East Carolina University (ECU) seeks an enthusiastic, service-oriented individual for the position of College of Allied Health Liaison Librarian. This librarian is a member of the Information Services Department and supports the ECU College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS) by working with students and teaching faculty to provide reference assistance and access to information to support learning. Other duties of this position include providing evidence based literature searches, instruction and assistance on information resources and databases both onsite and via the web, consultations with research faculty to provide professional literature searching, partnering with teaching faculty to provide library and information literacy instruction classes or other learning objects for students, and working scheduled shifts at the reference desk including some Saturdays. This librarian is expected to be active in professional library organizations and to maintain membership eligibility for the Medical Library Association Academy of Health Information Professionals. This librarian reports to the Assistant Director for User Services.
- Serve as a library liaison to students and faculty in CAHS by providing targeted reference and information seeking support
- Routinely interact and communicate with students and faculty to assess information needs in support of curriculum and research, and respond with appropriate library services or resources
- Teach library and information skills programs and assist in design and development of instruction, including evaluation of instruction
- Provide reference assistance in regular shifts within Laupus Library
- Participate in evaluating and advocating for new resources and/or services on behalf of CAHS
- Serve on committees and projects with other Laupus Library colleagues
- Represent Laupus Library at meetings and similar work related events; maintains professional demeanor, behavior and ethics
- Participate in scholarly activities and professional service
- Participate in professional development classes or other activities regularly
- Performs other similar and related duties as assigned
Previous experience working in an Academic Health Sciences Library or related coursework; experience working with the public or consulting with people to provide services and/or resources; Knowledge of and interest in current library related technologies and their applications; experience or knowledge of medical terminology or current biomedical trends
Terms of Appointment
Initial appointment is a one (1) year fixed-term contract; subsequent renewal may be for a multi-year fixed-term contract. The minimum salary is $45,000. ECU offers an excellent benefits package.
ALA-accredited master's degree or international equivalent in library or information science from an appropriately accredited institution. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and users
Special Instructions to Applicants
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents.
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
Initial appointment is a one (1) year fixed-term contract, subsequent renewal may be fixed-term or tenure track depending upon successful completion of the initial first year contract.
East Carolina University - 14 months ago