JOB TITLE: National Accounts Executive
REPORTS TO: Divisional Director of Sales
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To execute the corporate business plan thru development of national account revenue based on the capacity needs of the company. To attain or exceed national account contribution dollar goals in accordance with the company’s sales and operations plan. Provide professional sales coverage to shipper and receivers of products based on assigned accounts and geography. Provide on going feedback on the state of the industries served and trends in the supply chain process.
Please Note: The primary territory and service area will be Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana. The ideal candidate would reside in the Illinois area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains a base of active and potential customers and is responsible for the acquisition, growth and retention of those customers.
· Manages the National Accounts sales process to ensure that customers are served according to our hierarchy at all times and that customers receive the necessary follow-up actions/information and information is communicated between the customer and company representatives.
· Communicates directly with Service Centers and Service Center Management teams to facilitate the growth of National Accounts at the local level in support of the Service Center BDS plan.
· Communicate directly with the Territory Sales managers to facilitate the growth and development of National Accounts.
· Manage and oversee reports to mange pipeline and forecasting of new revenue and to provide timely and accurate customer information.
· In conjunction with the Pricing Department , oversees the contract management process for National Accounts assigned to ensure that all contracts meet the expectations of the customer and Ward, and are processed in a timely manner.
· Interact with pricing on all National Account RFQ’s / RFP’s to ensure we meet customer needs as well as Ward Transport & Logistics Corp.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
· Maintain close relationships with present Ward clients.
· Develop new business with Fortune 1000 companies that have related services within all Ward companies. Sell the Bundled/Integrated Sell.
· Identify and develop relationships with railroad, steamship lines, and Third Party providers located within assigned sales areas.
· Maintain continuing and on going lists of Target accounts from each of the Ward companies.
· Gain sufficient understanding and training to represent all current and future services provided by Ward companies.
· Plan and prepare for entertainment & events with Ward clients and where appropriate, senior Ward staff members.
· Participate and prepare for trade and expo shows as directed.
· Bachelor Of Science degree in transportation or experiences in same field.
· Minimum of ten years experience in the transportation industry, including LTL, TL sales, National Account sales, operational experience, and related corporate duties.
· A proven ability to generate new business and maintain long-term customer relationships.
· Must be familiar information system technology and how it applies to customer service.
· Must be proficient with PC’s and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Must have good organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines.
· Must possess good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to foster open, honest two-way communication both internally and externally.
· Ability to work hours and travel as required.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Ward Trucking - 30+ days ago