ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Monitors and evaluates the workplace to ensure compliance with OSHA and related regulations. Plans, develops, administers, and manages organization safety policies, programs and training. Requires working knowledge of federal and state safety laws and the ability to identify and evaluate workplace hazards. Maintains records on lost time accidents and prepares appropriate reports.
- Support TruGreen Division VP, Region VPs and Branch Managers to provide leadership and guidance to ensure consistent development, implementation and execution of integrated strategies and solutions with regard to all Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) issues.
- Support the Division VP, Region VPs and Branch Managers in activities related to the development of business in the respective territories as it relates to safety processes, risk assessments, start-up of operations, etc.
- Identify focus/problem locations within the geographic area of responsibility.
- Analyze trends and make recommendations to improve results of key performance indicators.
- Provide effective guidance and technical support for business operations and safety committees within their geographic assignment.
- Support management systems and strategies that ensure cost effective business solutions in the areas of Employee Safety & Health, Transportation Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Hazardous Materials, Ergonomics and Environment for both facilities and vehicular operations.
- Support Corporate EH&S strategies. Ensure regional objectives align with TruGreen business plan.
- Provide leadership and direction to the operating managers regarding appropriate action steps to address loss drivers in Workers Compensation, Auto Liability and General Liability.
- Assist with regulatory compliance inspections, regulatory violations and employee safety complaints.
- Identify report and provide solutions to management regarding employee safety programs, regulatory compliance, security breaches and employee health issues.
- Improves bottom line performance through the significant reduction of injuries, collisions, and safety expense.
- Improves overall EH&S awareness & knowledge at all employee levels.
- Drives and administers consistency of the EH&S processes in all field operations.
- Drives improved regulatory compliance and accountability for all field operations.
- May also be responsible for building security including employee identification cards.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Building strategic working relationships with branch, region and division management.
- Contributing to team success in reducing AL, GL and WC frequency and expense.
- Superior communication & time management skills,
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills in the area of Safety and/or Risk Management,
- Must have excellent customer focus, and the ability to drive a strong safety culture.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA/BS Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Risk Management, Industrial Hygiene or related field required and 5+ years of field safety experience.
- Preferred certifications: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Candidate with strong technical knowledge and background in OSHA/DOT/FMCSR regulatory standards, safety engineering and environmental protection is a plus.
- 75% - 95% travel required.
- Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in multi-functional departments.
- Strong interactive skills operating within a matrix environment.
- Ability to facilitate training for all levels of employees, supervision and management.
- Self-starter and able to work alone while demonstrating ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills dealing with all levels of employees, customers, and management.
- Able to impact and effect positive change with flexible, open-minded, positive approach.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Business acumen and understanding of financial results.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage/perform multiple tasks.
- Excellent follow-up and time management skills.
- Operate within an approved budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office/Windows.
- Strong ethical values.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of commercial and residential...