Rakuten Loyalty is looking for a Product Manager to join our talented team. The right candidate will have experience in web technologies and high-volume consumer-facing applications; ideally within a loyalty product. This is an individual contributor role, but you’ll have the opportunity to flex your PM muscles through the entire product process.
Reporting to the VP of Product Operations, you will:
Understanding (and developing improved metrics for) user behavior and user interaction with our products
- Drive execution of strategic technology products by:
Interviewing stakeholders and practice leaders to gather product requirements
Capturing and maintaining project requirements in both SCRUM and more traditional formats(PRD, FRD)
Using the end-user perspective (and the elements above) to identify improvements that will impact product performance.
Working with project management and engineering to drive execution
Research competitive offerings and products, providing summaries/abstracts for management team and recommendations for product roadmap
- Improve Rakuten Loyalty’s competitive picture:
Research new products and technologies in our areas of interest, including loyalty, ecommerce, browser monetization, et al.
- Participate in product roadmap process, coordinating scoping and design of future projects to build schedules and identify staffing needs
- Support engineering in the ongoing maintenance of products and delivery of projects.
- 2+ years of experience in software product management, including work on consumer-facing, web-based applications
- Experience managing or authoring various project documents (PRD, FRD, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, both technical and business; with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience in an Agile/SCRUM environment, ideally as a product owner
- Demonstrable ability to balance multiple active projects
- A pragmatic, not dogmatic, approach to process
- Experience with MS Office suite (including MS Project, Visio)
- Experience with wireframe/rapid prototyping tools
- Pragmatic Marketing Practical Product Management Certification
- Experience with affiliate marketing, incentivized search, browser add-ons
- Experience with loyalty networks, social gaming
- Experience (mad skills) with JIRA
- Web programming experience
- Computer Science Degree