About the Company
DigitalGlobe is a leading global provider of commercial high-resolution earth imagery products and services. Sourced from our own advanced satellite constellation, our imagery solutions support a wide variety of uses within defense and intelligence, civil agencies, mapping and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, Internet portals and navigation technology. With our collection sources and comprehensive ImageLibrary (containing more than two billion square kilometers of earth imagery and imagery products) we offer a range of on- and off-line products and services designed to enable customers to easily access and integrate our imagery into their business operations and applications.
The Analyst, Strategy will support the Strategy function in the Strategy and Corporate Development group at DigitalGlobe. This is a temporary, part-time role for a three-month period, but could lead to a full time position.
Working at the direction of the Manager, Strategy, this individual will perform the following activities:
- Review and filter aggregated news feeds, and prepare relevant news for internal dissemination. Subject matter will include, but not limited to imagery, mapping, geospatial technologies and information services, financial and economic data, vertical industries, competitor activity, and more.
- Prepare consolidated reports on a weekly and monthly basis of all relevant news for internal distribution.
- Assist with researching, consolidating and formatting information in preparation for analysis, modeling, and reporting.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support for strategy team, which may include business specific, industry or macro level analyses.
- Provide ad hoc support on presentations for senior leadership and board of directors and special projects.
This person must possess the following experience:
- BA/BS in business (e.g., finance, economics, marketing); will consider MBA in process.
- Strong academic track record required.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- Detail oriented with capability to be familiar with detail and decipher larger picture.
- Internet savvy – able to quickly and efficiently obtain target information – and ability to work with large data sets.
- Strong organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Strong work ethic, high integrity.
- Team player, comfortable engaging and collaborating with co-workers.
- Able to work cross-functionally and to manage multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint – able to learn new technology, as needed.
DigitalGlobe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DigitalGlobe - 2 years ago
DigitalGlobe has its eye on you. The company provides satellite imagery used for a variety of applications, including mapping, urban...