Candidate will administer a mission critical enterprise UNIX and Linux Server deployment. The candidate will be responsible for managing and optimizing multiple UNIX and Linux Servers in clustered and standalone environments. The candidate will also be responsible for management and development of programs written in C, C++, Java, and Pro*C on UNIX and Linux Server environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
UNIX and Linux Server administration and troubleshooting
• Experience in shell scripting languages
• Experience with NFS.
• Understanding of UNIX/Linux performance tuning and their utilities.
• Understanding of the UNIX/Linux file system concepts.
UNIX and Linux Development
• C++ senior level experience: full knowledge of OOP techniques and experience with N tired frameworks
• GNU Make, GNU automake, and GNU autoconf basic experience
• SQL knowledge, Oracle PL-SQL and Pro-C pre-compiler experience
• RPM packaging experience
• Roguewave library experience a plus.
• Basic CVS and subversion repository usage from the CLI
Create and follow proper change control procedures
Create and maintain documentation on new procedures and troubleshooting techniques
Provide 24/7 On Call support
Must be available to work off-hours and weekends
Must be capable of troubleshooting problems, determine root causes, recommend fixes, and implement those fixes
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which are written in English. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to appropriately respond to these and, where needed, provide reports, presentations, information or communications in English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• A degree in computer science or related field
• Minimum three years’ experience in Linux administration and
• Minimum three years’ experience in development on Linux systems
• Must be able to effectively interact with a team and possess strong written and verbal communications skills
• Must be able to work from a remote site with little supervision
• Proactive, energetic, strong sense of urgency, work well with others in a team oriented and fast paced environment, ability to adapt to change, and solid interpersonal skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and occasionally climbs a ladder or works on a platform. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
You might say Shamrock Foods is milking the foodservice business for all it's worth. Distribution business Shamrock Foods ranks in the...