Open until filled- 1st review of resumes will occur 2/13/13
"Promoting Health and Wellness for all Arizonans" is the motto of the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). ADHS promotes and protects the health of Arizona's children and adults and sets the standard for personal and community health through direct care, science, public policy and leadership. ADHS is one of the largest departments in Arizona State Government with a budget of $1.5 billion dollars and a workforce of approximately 1600 employees. Visit http://www.azdhs.gov
This position is responsible for managing the Office of Performance Improvement, the Office of Medical Management/utilization Management, and the Office of Management Information. The position ensure compliance with the AHCCCS Medical Provider Manual (AMPM) chapter 900 (Quality Management) and Chapter 1000 (Utilization Management); investigate and review of all member deaths; track and trend of all incidents and accidents; monitor AHCCCS Performance Measures including access to care, coordination of care, appropriateness of services. Performs other duties as related.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Federal, state and contractual requirements;
* Arizona behavioral health system; leadership and management principles; quality and medical management process;
* Project development and management; health care practices; manage care delivery systems; public and government behavioral health systems
* Project management; problem resolution activities; organizational management and task prioritization
* Leading committees and workgroups to successful outcomes;
* Microsoft Office professional software
* To communicate through oral and written means to a wide variety of audiences
Require: Arizona-licensed registered nurse, physician or physician's assistant or certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ). This position must have experience in quality and utilization management program.
Selective Preference: Master's degree in Health Administration, public health or closely related field. Five to ten years of progressive experience preferably in health care or managed health care.
Position is required to perform work at/attend meetings at alternate locations and/or travel when necessary, which requires the use of either a state or personal vehicle. An employee in this position must sign a State of Arizona Driver Authorization form when hired, which allows ADHS HR staff to obtain the motor vehicle driving record of the employee.________________________________________
Apply: www.azstatejobs.gov click "Search for Jobs". Type DHS in the search field, press enter and self-nominate for the position(s) of interest.
ADHS supports a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of Agency, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
* Defined Benefit Retirement Plan through Arizona State Retirement System - visit www.azasrs.gov
* Deferred Compensation 457 Plan' Flexible Spending Accounts; Health Savings Accounts; Discount Home and Auto Insurance
* Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental and Dependent Life and Short Term Disability insurances - visit www.benefitoptions.az.gov
* Accrued vacation and sick pay: 10 paid holidays
All newly-hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. - 1164
The Department of Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Substance Free Workplace.
pref1 pref2 pref 3 pref4
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: DHS
State of Arizona
- 2 years ago - save job
Indian Health Service's mission is to provide health care and related services for American Indian and Alaska Natives, as well as their...