Associate Middleware Administrator-INF0003775
Associate Middleware Administrator
About the General Motors GMIT Middleware team:
The GMIT Middleware team carries the responsibility for the design and maintenance of the very core of GM’s application infrastructure. This team is seeking highly motivated individuals who are both inspired to learn and design in the application systems space. Best of breed technologies and modern datacenter infrastructure come together in this team to provide a state of the art operating environment to realize highly available, highly sophisticated solutions to carry GMIT forward into the next level of application systems innovation.
About the role:
The role of Middleware Administrator 1 will apply base operating system and application platform knowledge to a variety of support focused challenges. In an ever changing IT landscape, the ideal candidate for this job will excel in problem solving, have an appetite for learning new technologies, and use these skills to enable GMIT to achieve top level performance across the middleware environments.
- BS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or 1-2 years’ experience in computer support field or equivalent experience/training
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Familiarity with Unix or Linux environments. Base knowledge of Linux desired.
- Familiarity with Windows Server OS
- General understanding of core IT infrastructure concepts (network, servers, applications, DNS)
- Experience in any of the following technologies : Apache, Weblogic, Jboss, Tomcat, Oracle Iplanet Webserver, SuSE Linux, Solaris, VMware ESX
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date : Jan 18, 2013, 11:13:13 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...