Purpose: Work as part of the BMI software development and data warehousing groups. Responsibilities include the creation of automated reports (monthly quality reports and population management reports) used by multi-center research and quality improvement networks; the creation and monitoring of procedures to maintain data quality and database performance; seamlessly integrating outside data sources into the research data warehouse and creating the corresponding query ontologies; providing extracts to investigators in the form of reports or project-specific data marts;
1. Develop automated monthly QI and population management reports to support multi-center research and QI networks.
2. Establish rules and procedures for cleaning, integrating and reconciling information from sources of clinical and research data.
3. Help optimize and tune existing database queries.
4. Develop database reports or create views to satisfy user requests.
5. Become familiar with the basics of Epic and the Clarity data model.
6. Prepare on-line documentation, statistics and reporting tools that will allow users to analyze the quality of information within the research data warehouse or other study-specific databases.
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to relate to diverse age and demographic backgrounds. Experience with methods of analyzing, programming, designing, testing and implementing computer based systems. Demonstrate diplomacy, tact and a professional demeanor.
Bachelor's Degree in applicable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center has a special place in its heart for kids -- and vice versa. The pediatric health care...