Associate work schedule:
- a college degree or a minimum of three to five years of related work experience.
- Requires team leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and ability to organize projects.
- Working knowledge of software and field service systems.
- Thorough knowledge of licensing requirements in each of the 50 states.
- Ability to interpret and comply with licensing regulations.
- Understanding of marketing procedures in various distributions to maintain a positive sales culture.
- Licensing Basics Course through SILA is required.
External Job Description:
Come grow with us! Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. has created an environment that promotes the personal and professional development of our associates and has been the cornerstone for more than a century. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and eye care insurance, 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition assistance and a variety of wellness benefits. Consider being a part of our future.
Ameritas Group, a division of Ameritas Life Insurance Corp., has served customers since 1959 and today Ameritas Group and other subsidiaries of Ameritas Life provide dental, vision and hearing care products and services for nearly 100,000 employer groups, insuring or administering benefits for more than 5.4 million people nationwide. Ameritas has one of the largest PPO dental networks in the country with more than 235,000 access points. Its customer service claims contact center earned BenchmarkPortal’s prestigious Center of Excellence certification for 2011, the fifth consecutive year. In 2011, Ameritas Group was named fourth in BenchmarkPortal’s Top 100 contest. In New York, products are offered through Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York.
Perform functions of Group Licensing & Compensation. Assumes a team leader role and assists in all functions including, processing first-time licensing, appointing, terminations, compliance, and background investigations. Recommends, researches, and implements changes in technology and assists in software & hardware selection and implementation. Acts as a liaison between our area, the IS department and Individual licensing.
Assumes a team leader roll in:
- Processing & reviewing first time licensing, appointing, terminations, and background investigation paperwork for producers, sales representatives, and home office associates for multiple distributions (Ameritas and all partners marketing our products) to provide prompt efficient service with predictable results and to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with each State Insurance Department’s statutes regarding the renewal of license and/or appointments for producers, home office associates, and sales representatives to ensure that business is solicited by properly licensed and appointed individuals as well insuring payment to vendors and state departments.
- Process new cases through imaging. Keep Supervisor abreast of critical issues involving incomplete or pending license issues. Process agent of record changes in a timely manner. Maintain procedures in Licensing eManual. Process and maintain commission payments as well as contracts. Follow up on unanswered or incomplete paperwork, and process electronic fund transfer of commissions.
- Perform accounting functions such as: requesting special checks through the accounting system, debit statements, money returned from producers, garnishments, and no check statements.
- Offer suggestions for opportunities to develop and improve procedures & workflow. Conduct daily work and establish, maintain, and develop procedures to ensure compliance with Insurance Department Rules and Regulations. Establish & maintain a good working relationship with State Insurance Department, home office associates, and field office associates.
- Develops & maintains smooth, cooperative relationships with peers, subordinates, superiors & partners. Keeps Management abreast of changes in state licensing regulations. Network with SILA members and develop compliance relationships.
- Able to recommend, research and implement changes in technology and assist in software and hardware selection and implementation. Acts as a liaison between the IS department and Individual licensing
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in use of systems:
- The GMR and Field System are mainframe systems used as a database to store information on Ameritas appointments and commission processing.
- Appointpak.com is a software package that automates the process of appointments & terminations of producers.
- EPAL is a software package used to produce blank forms, look up fees and obtain state regulation information.
- Producer+ is a software package used to track continuing education for the Ameritas sales offices.
- Imaging is a software package that has replaced paper. It is also used as a work flow process.
- Internet is used to gather information from the Insurance Departments.
- Written and verbal correspondence with producers, sales reps, and State Insurance Departments.
- Serve as project leader for new partner relationships. Complete appointments, learn and implement procedures, and handle broker inquiries. Serve as a trainer and assist in coaching and development of associates.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Manager, including assistance in internal and external audits.
- The incumbent is part of the “Be the Best” quality team process. Generate and implement ideas. Eliminate obstacles in support of sales culture.
- Assists in training of group reps and field personnel including all partners marketing our products.
Ameritas - 20 months ago