**These positions can be located in Herndon, McLean or Reston, VA**
The DBA Team provides support in the full life-cycle of database management and administration, backup and recovery. Team members work in a multi-tasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of Very Large-Scale (Terabytes)/Enterprise Class environments. We are looking for dynamic, professional, team-oriented, self-motivated individuals with good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- A positive customer service attitude and demonstrated skill in oral and written communications.
- Ability to work within a team and lead database efforts and to document customer requirements, translate into technical designs, and explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in all phases of database development life cycle, including working with the Agile Project Management Methodology, collaborative development, and SCRUM.
- Ability to design and document data security and asset protection techniques that meet business requirements.
- Ability to work with ETL developers and the O&M team to identify, design and implement solutions for the purposes of reporting, decision support.
- Knowledge of RDBMS methodologies and concepts, including and not limited to: ETL processes, Data migration.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Maintains an appropriate workload; able to work independently and juggle multiple competing priorities; adapts to change effectively.
- Demonstrate good personal time management skills, including punctuality, time reporting and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames.
- Define, track and manage requirements using EARRS and other databases.
Initiate problem solution and problem identification.
- Defines and documents team capacity and utilization; requirements and dependencies.
- Understand Oracle/MySQL database development and information integration.
- Knowledge in computer systems and gathering/identifying requirements.
- Knowledge in life-cycle database support, including maintenance, administration, and management.
- Must be able to track project studies, plans, actions items, take minutes, etc.
- Knowledge and use of configuration management standards, experience in use and maintenance of configuration management databases for identifying, recording and tracking configuration plans.