NOTE: Local candidates preferred. Face to face may be required.
Control and Command Center (vC3 ) Cloud Engineer with Storage Technology Subject Matter Expertise – Palo Alto
Our client is building out the next generation Command and Control center to enable them to continue their journey to the software defined data center. As part of this exciting initiative they are looking to hire talented technical individuals to work in their Palo Alto Command Center.
Working as part of a multi location follow the sun team, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of working as an integral part of a Level 3 technical team.
This team will proactively work to ensure the integrity of IT infrastructure and will ensure that where Incidents do occur, the team will remediate the Incident utilizing strong technical skills and best practice Incident Management techniques.
- Four (4) year degree preferably with an IT related concentration
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified and a technical certification related to a relevant technology field (MCSE, VCP, VCAP-DCA etc.)
Your specific areas of responsibilities include:
- As a Storage Administrator you are responsible for performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning for the storage environment.
- Perform monitoring and maintenance of overall environment
- Update process documentation and team websites
- Ensure documentation of entire environment is current
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improving overall performance
- Participate in a day time shift schedule, which may include weekends on occasion
- Communicate with peers and managers regarding storage administration issues
- Manage equipment tracking (e.g. racking, decommissioning, etc.)
- Perform off-hour change controls
- Work with experienced Systems Administrators on maintenance of environment
- Provide instructions and guidance on best practices to junior members of the team
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data
Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to Systems management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, with tight deadlines concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
RESPONSIBILITY AND INTERACTION:
- May recommend process improvements
- Ability to work a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- 7-10 years of experience with enterprise storage platforms (EMC Celerra / Clariion, Isilon, Netapp)
- 7-10 years of experience with enterprise Fiber channel and Ethernet storage networks (SAN)
- 5-7 years of experience with Linux operating systems
- Expert scripting skills in one of the following languages (ksh/bash/perl/SQL)
- Expert in data storage protocols including CIFS, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, Linux Account Management
- Extensive knowledge of storage in highly virtualized environments
- Knowledge of Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Windows operating systems.
SACC,Inc - 2 years ago