Be a part of a team that creates unforgettable personalized gifts. And have a job experience you ll always remember. At Things Remembered we have opportunities for people who are sales-focused, friendly, passionate, and hardworking.
Things Remembered is the nation s largest and best-known retailer of personalized gifts. From classic gifts and keepsakes to innovative, tech-savvy treasures, we offer a unique collection of gifts for giving and keeping.
Every day, in over 600 stores in 48 states, our teammates help our customers to create meaningful memories. Will you be a memory-maker too?
At Things Remembered, diversity isn t about gender, culture, race, physical appearances or quotas – it s about bringing people together with different viewpoints and unique personalities. We believe diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents help us understand each other and better serve our customer. We are committed to respecting and valuing different perspectives in our organization, now and in the future.
As a member of our management team, you will have the opportunity to impact the success of your store. You will be a key contributor for driving sales, profit, and shrink results. More importantly, you will have the opportunity to manage, mentor and develop your teammates, who are some of the highest caliber retailers around! In return for your dedication and drive, we promise to reward and recognize, be focused and fair, and promise to challenge and grow!
We offer a competitive bonus program, medical, dental and eye care, 401k, paid vacation, employee discounts and much more!
If you re ready to start a memorable career at Things Remembered, then apply today!
Things Remembered Store Managersare responsible for the retail store s daily operations including the management of a sales staff (3-15 teammates). Our Store Manager s main responsibility is to manage the store to ensure that the store meets sales and financial goals and provides exceptional customer service while maintaining full compliance with a variety of operational requirements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
1. *A Store Manager is responsible for achieving sales and other store financial goals. Must analyze and understand financial goals/reports and track both individual and store results.
2. *Interview, hire, and train sales staff according to Company guidelines.
3. *Supervise sales teammates engaged in customer sales, engraving, inventory and reconciling cash and sales receipts.
4. *A Store Manager demonstrates success in selling. Utilizes Company selling techniques such as add-on sales and describes engraving information to customers to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals. This requires continual mobility throughout the store including standing and walking to effectively assist customers during the sales process.
5. *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations: engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment maintenance. This requires continual mobility including standing and walking throughout the store and between the register and engraving equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling. Ensure teammates are properly trained in these basic store operations.
6. *Participate in store activities of stocking merchandise, processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments in a timely manner. This requires continual mobility including constant standing and walking, occasional squatting and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a 3 foot ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a 3-10 foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
7. Plan and prepare work schedules, managing to required payroll hours.
8. *A Store Manager is responsible for motivating and managing sales teammates to ensure store is in legal compliance, and that employee relations issues are handled appropriately.
9. *Coordination of sales promotions and merchandise displays. Maintain a clean, visually appealing retail store to Company guidelines. This requires continual mobility consisting of frequent walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, lifting and carrying, and working with arms overhead to prepare displays.
10. Create a retail store environment that ensures great customer service. Resolve all customer complaints.
11. *Responsible for physical security of the store and offsite storage locations including locks, shipments and cash.
12. *Responsible for daily balancing of cash, nightly bank deposits and ensuring teammates are in compliance.
13. *Responsible for two annual comprehensive physical inventories. Maintain accurate inventory results throughout the year by analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise transfers.
1. Excellent Organizational and planning skills
2. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner
3. Ability to listen, read, and accurately transcribe and verify customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise.
4. The ability to hold teams accountable and confront the tough issues.
5. Good negotiating skills.
6. Good influence, persuasion, and problem resolution skills.
8. Strong eye for Visual Merchandising
9. Minimum of 3 years of retail management experience in a mall based environment. Excellent Organizational and planning skills
10. Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first impression.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work required of the Store Manager position as well as the essential functions of the job to be performed by teammates in this position, all of which are subject to change by the Company at any time without notice.
Things Remembered is dedicated to Equal Employment Opportunity, M/F/D/V