Linux Administrator - Pleasanton, CA
Remote Work Authorized
Mar 15, 2013, 9:55:34 AM
CSC is hiring Linux administrator for a full time position in Pleasanton, CA.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of a library of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- 7-9 years of Linux Experience (admin, scripting, install, securing)
's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
Experience working with company products and services
Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good communication skills
Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong Oracle (DBA, performance tuning) Apache/Tomcat andWindows Server (IIS)
- Strong SQL Server experience with Virtualization (VMWARE)
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC - 2 years ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...