Masonite is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of interior doors and entry door systems.
Throughout the company's 80 year history, Masonite has maintained its focus on leading-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service. Masonite is committed to delivering product and service innovations that will enhance beauty, functionality and architectural design to its customers around the world. Builders, remodelers, architects and homeowners rely on Masonite products to create homes of distinction.
Primary accountant responsible for the company wide fixed asset sub ledger, including additions, deletions, disposals, and related accumulated depreciation. This individual will also work with reconciliations, recording depreciation, assisting with forecasting and planning reports as well as monthly reports on capital expenditures and tracking variances against the annual plan and periodic forecasts. Responsible for Fixed Asset Accounting tasks including:
- Maintain Fixed Asset Sub-Ledger
- Work with various cost centers to finalize construction in process and post to fixed asset ledger
- Ensure that disposals of fixed assets and deletions are properly accounted for and balanced to subsidiary ledger
- Continue to centralize world-wide fixed assets onto one ledger. Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance and policies are adhered to
- Preparation of monthly fluctuation analysis on changes in capital expenditures
- Assist in monthly financial close cycle
- Preparation of accumulated depreciation for posting to general ledger
- Develop efficiencies in close cycle
- Assist Tax Department in property tax reporting and compliance
- Make recommendations to ensure integrity of internal controls
- Assists with annual corporate planning of capital expenditures
- Consolidate, assist and report on monthly expenditure forecasts
- Forecasting and planning procedures
- Other special projects as directed by, or approved by the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Other accounting duties assigned as the need arises
- Participate in developing effective strategies for improving efficiency within the Accounting group
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, Word
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and demonstrate a great attention to detail
- Interest in learning and developing new procedures services rendered by the Accounting Department
- One to three years professional experience required
At Masonite, we believe every door is a connection, and we’ve been building better ones for more than 80 years. Still we continue to...