As Director of Admissions-Multi Facility, The primary purpose of your job position is to manage the facility census by opening and maintaining the accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals, for Multiple facilitieswhich generate patient referrals and
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves facility census goals and annual budget projections.
- Acts as liaison between the company and the outside community.
- Works with local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage referral activities.
- Participates in industry trade shows and business development activities, as assigned.
- Develops strategies to maximize admissions including daily contact with potential referral sources including but not limited to hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies and health care agencies.
- Conducts admission screening of potential patients, determine level of care, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as indicated.
- Notifies Regional Director of Admissions prior to denial of any patient.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement.
- Accesses continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities as approved by Regional Director of Admissions.
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in a Healthcare field. Nursing degree preferred. Current state license, as appropriate.
Three (3) years experience in business development. Experience working independently. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
Experience working independently
Consulate Health Care Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard