Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Validates computer hardware and software products
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to new and existing products as identified by product manager.
- Regularly trains team members in new technologies, known technical issues
- Prepares and checks technical documents such as product specifications, manuals, datasheets, etc.
- Proactively engages in learning and researching on new technologies products
- MS/BS in EE/CS
- 3+ years’ experience in computer hardware and software
- Experience with multi-server environment/deployments
- Strong working knowledge of networking environments, products and technologies, troubleshooting, and disaster Recovery
- Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment
- Ability to mentor within teams along with good work ethics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to document processes and procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional bending and standing.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
- May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Super Micro Computer, Inc. - 15 months ago