Equinox is the preeminent luxury fitness company in the U.S. today. Committed to offering a full service wellness experience to maximize life, Equinox offers a totally integrated approach to fitness.
Blink Fitness is part of the suite of Equinox Holdings Inc. including Equinox and Pure Yoga. Blink Fitness is a brand new look at the gym. Blink offers a super friendly, clean, motivating gym experience all for $15/month; whether you're new to fitness or looking for a fresh alternative, our upbeat environment and friendly, expert approach will encourage you to stay on track.
Within the fitness industry, a niche sector, budget fitness, has recently emerged and is well-positioned for continued rapid growth. A recent confluence of macro trends in both the economic and wellness environments has led to high consumer demand in the budget fitness space. Based on these trends, Blink was created to fill the need for a value-driven, highly scalable, branded gym experience that will simplify the gym experience to better service those already engaged in working out and also attract people new to fitness.
Conceived with a vision to give consumers an inexpensive, fast, and convenient workout alternative to traditional "big box" health clubs, Blink offers an innovative fitness alternative based on a low-cost development and operating strategy.
In 2010, Blink opened its first three locations in New York's Noho neighborhood, Yonkers and Paramus, NJ. The facility prototype is 15,000 square feet and includes cardio and strength equipment, unique design by David Rockwell, integrated technology and self-service retail programs. The current growth plan calls for adding an additional 25+ clubs over the next 12-18 months. By creating a branded, quality, professionally-operated and low-cost gym experience, Blink will quickly establish a distinct market position through competitive differentiation and a highly scalable business model.
Our growing company (this ad is not by a recruitment agency) seeks a Facilities Manager to ensure that our portfolio of facilities consistently represents our brand through the most efficient use of resources. This role will assist the Senior Director of Facilities with the coordination and day-to-day planning of construction, alteration, renovation, maintenance and ongoing operations of all company facilities and associated equipment and building systems.
1. Manage emergency, planned, and preventative facilities work with consistent service levels and at the lowest possible cost for a growing company.
2. Ensure the condition of our locations is a cornerstone of our sales success and membership experience by closely representing the Equinox brand.
3. Perform emergency, planned and preventative facilities work
4. Generate results using the most efficient labor levels.
5. Ensure we perform our work with the minimum possible environmental impact.
1. Performs periodic, detailed on-site reviews of company facilities to measure condition against brand standard.
2. Plans, budgets, schedules and manages all facilities work.
3. Reviews and approves all work requests and associated financial approvals.
4. Oversees and directs all superintendants, maintenance workers, and other personnel responsible for performing facilities work in Company facilities.
5. Coordinates all work with Operations, Entitlements, and other Development Division personnel.
6. Maintains detailed records of all planned, on-going, and completed facilities work including costs, schedules and status updates.
7. Participates in on-going Facilities Department development including training, personal development, innovation and team building programs.
Requirements and Qualifications:
1. 3-5 years of Facilities/Project Management experience with a multi unit/locations company.
2. Understanding of Self-motivated, proactive thinker with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project and Visio.
4. Able to travel to our locations in the NYC metro area as required to ensure successful facilities management.
HOW TO APPLY (MUST FOLLOW):
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not include a cover letter BUT be sure to include a TWO page maximum resume and paste these questions below with SHORT answers into body of the email. This is a must in order to be considered:
1) If you have a degree please list College, graduation year:
2) How many years of Facilities/Project Management experience do you have?
3) Experience working for a multi unit/location company is required. What company that have gained the majority of your experience at and how many locations were you in charge of?
4) What was your last full time or current salary?
Equinox Holdings (doing business as Equinox Fitness Clubs) hopes you go to the gym more than twice a year. The company owns and operates...