SUMMARY: The Equipment Engineering & Maintenance Intern assists the Multi-Site Maintenance Team with assigned projects (e.g., collecting, organizing, and processing new equipment and parts documentation and creating and distributing templates for various controlled maintenance documents) and administrative duties in the MP2 maintenance management system (e.g., reviewing and improving the quality of database records).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Research and enter new equipment information into MP2 (e.g., equipment number, model number, serial number, sub-item information, attached documents, etc.)—especially in support of new equipment start-up or integration.
- Research and enter new PM task information into MP2—especially in support of new equipment start-up or integration.
- Research and enter spare parts information into MP2—especially in support of new equipment start-up or integration.
- Coordinate with Engineering to control revisions to maintenance documentation.
- Coordinate with Engineering, maintenance leaders, IC clerks, suppliers, and Multi-Site Purchasing to optimize SCBU spare parts inventory.
- Support special projects and tasks related to maintenance operations (e.g., database clean-up).
- Assist in the creation of maintenance standards, procedures, and forms.
- Assist in maintaining an electronic repository for maintenance standards, policies, procedures, forms, manuals, drawings, schematics, records, etc.
- Follow all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- Rising juniors or seniors are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical skills and proficient in the use of related tools (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, charts, etc.)
- Ability to manage time, systematically execute projects and tasks
- Ability to systematically solve problems—appropriately calling upon available resources as necessary
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as necessary
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating Principles
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participates in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow our Manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 2 years ago - save job