High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
This position will be responsible for performing detailed audits of guarantor accounts to identify and rectify billing issues/problems. They will be responsible for follow up with Third Party Payors for reimbursement and final disposition of claims. They will investigate, initiate and resolve claim reviews and appeals with Third Party Payors.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of defined core competency testing for Accounts Receivable Representatives.
- Desired: Course work in insurance (HIAA educational series through LOMA), Medical Terminology course and ART/CRC course.
- Required: 1-3 years work experience, preferably working in a medical facility, insurance company or office setting.
- Desired: 1-3 years experience in a healthcare setting with claims billing to Third Party Payor.
- Required: Strong mathematical and problem solving skills. Familiarity with basic office computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office, E-Mail), organizational skills. Effective communication skills, ability to work independently and also be a member of a team, excellent computer skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Desired: Knowledge of insurance and billing, proficiency in use of current healthcare billing systems.
- Desired: ART course.
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position
- Typing on PC (personal computer), extending hands and arms at or above shoulder level, walking, sitting, reaching, bending, standing, kneeling, lifting (over shoulder level), finger dexterity, verbal speech ability, color/sound perceptions.
Gundersen Health System - 2 years ago
Gundersen Health System is where caring meets excellence through a comprehensive health network of wholly owned and affiliated services....