Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is the largest tool manufacturer in the world. For more than 60 years it has utilized its Mac Tools division, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted brands in the professional automotive tool industry, to provide more than 8,000 products to more than 600,000 technicians worldwide.
What do you envision for your future? At Stanley Black & Decker, our vision involves looking at the mobile distribution model we've had in place for over 70 years as a way to leverage sales for all of Stanley Industrial Automotive Repair. We are capable of bringing the strength of the world’s largest tool company to provide multi-platform solutions to the automotive repair industry.
We believe we can make this happen and we would like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, Stanley Black & Decker can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to continue to grow and succeed in our market.
This position is responsible for managing key Supply Chain related functions such as materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of specific customer products, direct and indirect material purchasing and inventory control. The incumbent will make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Responsibilities also include coordinating and resolving issues regarding existing and new products, and interacting with customers to ensure that all requirements are being met.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Skills & Experience
- Manages and directs supply chain personnel in the procurement, and inventory control of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels
- Train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements
- Implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
- Analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Logistics or Operations
- Working knowledge of Demand Solutions is strongly preferred
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers to improve on time delivery and reduce inventory levels
- APICS CPIM Certification highly desirable, completion of certification required within 6 months of start date
- 5 – 7 years of work experience in a Supply Chain function
- Solid understanding and use of statistical software and analytics to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data
- Expert in developing reporting tools to streamline day to day work
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability: synthesize findings from analysis and draw conclusions
- Skilled in problem resolution, esp. as related to balancing supply to demand
- Effective at performing detail oriented tasks, and data analysis
- Competent with measuring and analyzing supply chain costs
- Able to identify, manage, and lead supply chain improvement projects
- Broad understanding of supply chain functions, best practices and issues
- Deep understanding of net requirements planning best practices, including requirement planning
- Understanding of customer buying behaviors and process for projecting demand
- Comfortable communication and managing across functions at various levels
- Understanding of sales budgeting process
- Basic working knowledge of financial analysis
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Must have a winning attitude
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, retirement savings, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Relocation Package Offered No Package Offered
- Go to www.stanleyblackanddecker.com
- Highlight Careers and then click on Search jobs
- Click on Search Openings
- Enter Requisition Number _____and click on Search
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history...