The primary purpose of this position is to support Rite Aid's Linux systems which is turn operate the Wellness System, Riteaid.com and Voxify Customer auto calling system. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Jboss and Web Sphere to provide a stable infrastructure of systems located in the Rite Aid datacenter.
- Perform VMware Administration to support Rite Aid core systems.
- Provide technical expertise and be the primary subject matter expert in the analysis and design tasks related to web hosting and middleware infrastructure that comprise riteaid.com.
- Investigate and apply best security practices to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of the environment and data to ensure Rite Aid's compliance with current laws and guidelines.
- Provide on-call support of key Rite Aid core systems to ensure 24x7 support of system efficiency.
Experience / Requirements:
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
- Prior server administration experience.
- Prior installation of OS - Red Hat/Linux experience.
- Ability to configure and secure OS / Redhat.
- Prior installation of Apache or JBoss / Redhat experience.
- Windows Server and VMWare administration a plus.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft ® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Proficiency with Red Hat Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, Web Sphere, MS Office, MS Visio, VMware, Windows Server Operating System, MySQL and PostgreSQL. SSL Certificate Management and implementation.
- Proficiency with Routers; firewalls; switches; hubs; bridges; NICs; WAPs; SAN; modems; terminal and print servers; servers; desktops; laptops; motherboards; printers and scanners.
- Proficiency with TCP/IP suite; DHCP; Ethernet; WAN/LAN; DNS; VLAN.
The following qualities are helpful:
Note : Products, software, and systems listed above are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Ten-key punch speed of 7,000 SPH.
- Typing speed of 60 WPM.
Associates degree (AA) in Information Technology, plus five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in the following listed software programs, hardware systems, and protocols. Software to include: Red Hat Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, Web Sphere, MS Office, MS Visio, VMware, Windows Server Operating System, MySQL and PostgreSQL. SSL Certificate Management and implementation; Hardware to include: Routers; firewalls; switches; hubs; bridges; NICs; WAPs; SAN; modems; terminal and print servers; servers; desktops; laptops; motherboards; printers and scanners; Protocols to include: TCP/IP suite; DHCP; Ethernet; WAN/LAN; DNS; VLAN; Bachelor's degree (BS) in Information Systems is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rite Aid - 10 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...