Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a proud member of the Lowe’s Companies and will continue to operate out of our San Jose, California headquarters.
We are in the process of building a world class Information Technology organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking IT professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Systems Administrator II-Linux
The Systems Administrator II works in the Systems Administration team within the Information Technology department to support the entire lifecycle of the company’s IT infrastructure technologies, which include but are not limited to servers, networks, software, security, backups, storage, directory services, remote access, email, business continuity and compliance across the enterprise.
· Having broad expertise and unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
· Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
· Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Supports enterprise rollout strategies, capacity planning and project life cycles within the IT infrastructure; define tasks, timelines, and manages communications at all levels of the organization
· Responsible for the management of all service-pack levels, hot fixes, patches and upgrades. Monthly maintenance of all systems
· Create and maintain documentation for current hardware and software configurations, as well as proposed future installations and modifications to current environment while assuring adherence to company standards and policies
· Manages the performance of all servers and reacts immediately to changes by updating software, re-configuring hardware, and communicates directly with management to minimize impact to user community / company
· Independent and proactive decision making to, recommend, design, and implement solutions to meet business requirements
· Provide technical and procedural training to all areas of the organization including other IT staff
· Ensure all server and backup logs are free of errors; takes immediate corrective action
· Develops technical requirement specifications and works with vendors to establish applicable solutions
· Identifies current operational process inefficiencies and implements changes to maintain optimum service level to user community, stores, DC, and SSC
· Monitor, review, update and enforce policies to ensure compliance to company rules, governmental regulations and the law (SOX/PCI)
· Provide on-call support for all IT Infrastructure systems as required
· Accountable for maintaining uptime of all Infrastructure components impacting service to the user community
· Bachelor's Level Degree in Information Technology or related field
· 3-7 years working experience in systems administration
· Expert knowledge in designing, administering, and troubleshooting Linux based Operating Systems (SuSe & Redhat) including file permissions, user & group administration, remote management, printer management and system log troubleshooting.
· Extensive knowledge of HP, Dell, and IBM servers
· Experience with VMware Virtualization
· Proficiency in Unix shell and/or Perl scripting languages
· Intermediate knowledge in the following disciplines: SFTP, DNS, DRBD, SSH, Active Directory and LDAP, IIS/Apache, Patch Management, EMC Avamar, Data Domain, Multipath I/O, Sudo, and Samba
· Experience with monitoring software, specifically Nagios.
· Create technical documents using Microsoft productivity tools along with Project and Visio.
· General knowledge of networking such as TCP/IP routing on WANs and LANs, switches, firewalls, and VPNs
· Extensive knowledge of thin clients (WYSE & HP)
· Understanding of LAMP technologies
· Knowledge of CMS-driven applications, Drupal administration and development experience
· Understanding of PCI and SOX compliance
· Extensive knowledge of physical infrastructure such as cabling, electrical power and UPS
· Proficiency in database platforms such as MySQL, Oracle and/or Informix
· Knowledge of high performance and reliable storage arrays; namely EMC VNX
· Server and Operating System design
· Tier III Helpdesk Support
· Excellent interpersonal skills, in addition to effective customer interaction skills
· Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and meet deadlines and timelines
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
· Time management, analytical, project management skills while working under limited supervision
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...