Perform a variety of food service responsibilities as assigned by Dining Court Manager, Assistant Manager, Chef or higher level food service worker. Rotate among several food service areas and work independently as needed. Tasks may include unloading and stocking of various inventory items, washing dishes and cookware by hand or machine, food production, cooking, baking, bussing, serving food, setting up for special events, and maintaining a clean organized work environment.
- One year of institutional food service experience.
- Ability to perform all duties of lower level food service worker.
- Stable work or education history with good attendance record.
- Interpersonal competencies in communication, customer focus and teamwork.
- Competencies in judgment, dependability/accountability, flexibility, initiative and planning/organizing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform basic math functions, lift and move up to 30 pounds, climb ladders and stand, walk, reach and stoop extensively.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Hours for this position are are mainly evening shift, and some weekends.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: PERF Contributions Immediately.
Purdue University - 17 months ago
Purdue University was founded in 1869 as a Land Grant College of Indiana, and opened with an initial enrollment of 39 students in 1874....