This is a part time position in an outpatient hemodialysis clinic in Spartanburg.
*Minimum one experience in Clinical Nutrition as a RD
*Current registration as a RD per Commission on Dietetic Registration
*SC license required, prior renal experience preferred
The Registered Dietitian assesses, monitors, and educates dialysis patients about nutritional needs. Seeking organized, motivated individual who can work with flexible schedule and as part of the interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess the individual patient nutrition needs.
- Educates the patient and family about the importance of diet and fluid control.
- Reviews laboratory results with the patient and makes recommendations to the patient and physician.
- Documents thoroughly according to DCI policy.
- Participates in team care planning, clinic CQI program and Risk Management.
- Educates staff about the renal diet and laboratory results.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, patient care conference and other clinic programs.
- Actively encourages and is an example of open communication between physicians, patients, and staff.
Education and/or Experience
BS or advanced degree in food and nutrition or dietetics and one year related experience in clinical nutrition.
HIPAA: DCI employees are expected to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of paper and electronic protected health information DCI creates, receives, transmits, and maintains. This is accomplished by following the policies and procedures in the HIPAA training required for all employees.
Since this is a healthcare environment, there is the possibility of exposure to infectious / contagious diseases, needle sticks and blood and body fluids. Further information about this position’s specific work environment and exposure category will be provided during orientation. This position is classified as Category I.
DCI offers a very competitive benefits package.
DCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dialysis Clinic, Inc - 17 months ago