Director of Operations and Support - LATAM
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations & Support, Wyndham Hotel Group, Latin America, the Director, Operations & Support Latin America (DOS LatAm) will build, support and nurture effective relationships with an assigned portfolio of customers including owners and general managers, directly overseeing the properties’ performance. The DOS will help our customers operate more efficiently and support them in utilizing our services, tools and resources to the fullest.
The DOS is responsible for reviewing and improving all major functions of hotel performance, including but not limited to revenue generation; product and service quality; brand standards and programs compliance; and ultimately the property’s complete engagement with the Wyndham Hotel Group.
This role will be home based but will require International travel (approximately 50% travel anticipated), with a strong emphasis on Mexico, Central America and South America. Understanding that as Latin America continues to grow, the position will expand and create opportunities. This role requires exceptional skills and experience in customer relationship management and hotel operations.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in hotel operations
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, ideally within the hotel industry
- Proven track record as a hotel general manager or functional regional manager with full P&L responsibility
- Significant experience in property sales is strongly desired
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is essential; Brazilian Portuguese is desirable
- Able to undertake up to 50% travel, including nights away from home
- Proven experience in a multinational and multicultural business environment
- Experience of a hotel franchise environment preferred
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations, including ability to handle customer objections and disputes to satisfactory results
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
Wyndham Hotel Group
Mar 6, 2013, 8:27:29 PM
Wyndham Worldwide - 2 years ago
Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation properties...