The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- This is a KEY position.
Back to top
- Primary purpose of this position is: to serve as Fanancial Management and Resouce Advisor in support of the 319 civil Engineer mission by performing a variety of budget functions involving the formulation, execution, and/or analysis of mulltimillion dollar Direct and Reimbursable budgets.
- In a developmental capacity the incumbent will serve as the functional point of contact for day-to-day budget/financial issues performing budget formation work involving review and preparation of budget estimates and financial plans.
- In a developmental capacity the incumbent will perform advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conducts analysis, reviews and special studies of budget and / or related information.
- In a developmental capacity the incumbent will provide advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conducts analyses reviews and special studies of budget and/or related information.
- In a developmental capacity the incumbent will use budgetary and other automated system(s) and computer generated products in accomplishing budgeting/funding assignments. Conducts analysis, reviews, and special studies of budget and/or related information and exercises some personnel management responsibilities.
Back to top
***This position may be filled at the GS-07 level with promotion potential to the GS-09 level. The individul selected for this position may be promoted to the targeted level without further competition upon meeting any legal and regulatory requirements.***
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-05) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include detailed knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and other AF, MAJCOM, and installation guides which apply to assigned budget accounts (e.g. organizational components, programs, services, object classes, and/or line items) to perform and advise on budget administration task and to identify and refer those reprogramming actions which require prior approval to officials at higher echelons.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-05 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify, and execute assigned budget in support of the mission, structure, goals, work processes, and programs of assigned activities/organizations.
2. Knowledge of missions, functions, goals, objectives, work processes, and sources of funding pertinent to installation program/organizations.
3. Skill in the application of methods and techniques (e.g. cost benefits analysis, ZBB amortization, depreciation, and prorating revenues and cost among customers) to analyze and evaluate the effects of changes in program plans and funding.
4. Knowledge of automated data processing software programs and capabilities used to accomplish budgeting/funding tasks.
5. Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing source of factual information to prepare budget estimates, develop alternatives, and make recommendations to resolve budget/funding issues, such as that found in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data.
6. Skill in preparing written forms, schedules, and reports related to the obligation and expenditures of funds in the application of methods and techniques to analyze and evaluate the effects of changes in program plans and funding
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Safeguards classified or sensitive budget-related information and/or files.
2. May be required to travel on military or commercial aircraft to attend conferences or meetings
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants.
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, April 25, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 873488. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
226 Steen Blvd Bldg 101
GRAND FORKS AFB,
Department of the Air Force - 23 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...